UPPERCHURCH DROMBANE GAA CLUB – WIN A TRACTOR DRAW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. THE CLUB
The promoter of this ‘Win a Tractor’ lottery (the “Draw”) is Upperchurch Drombane GAA Club, located at Ballynira, Drombane, Thurles, Co. Tipperary (the “Club”). Members of the executive committee of the Club will organise and oversee the Draw.
The Draw is a fully licensed lottery under Section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as substituted by Section 12 of the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019). The lottery was granted a licence in Thurles District Court 13 on the 27th day of September 2022.
The purpose of the Draw is to raise funds for the enhancement of Upperchurch Drombane GAA club facilities. The Draw organisers shall not derive any personal profit therefrom.
- Only those individuals who have purchased a lottery ticket are eligible to participate in the Draw. The Draw is open to anyone worldwide subject to entry being restricted to natural persons aged 18 years or older.
- Any lottery tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the lottery. Any such lottery ticket entered in the Draw will be declared invalid and another lottery ticket will be drawn in its place.
5. THE PRIZES
- The star prize in the Draw is a new John Deere tractor model number 6140M standard specification (the “Tractor”). The value of the Tractor at the time of publishing the terms and conditions of purchase herein is €120,000. A cash alternative of €100,000 will be offered to the winner should they not wish to take the Tractor.
- If a minimum of 4,000 tickets have not been sold by the Draw Date (as defined below), the Club reserves the right to substitute the first prize with a cash alternative based on the revenue received from lottery ticket sales.
- The Club reserves the right to add additional bonus prizes to the lottery (the “Additional Draws”). The addition of any such prizes will be notified to lottery ticket purchasers via the Club website and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
6. TICKET DETAILS
- The cost of a lottery ticket for the Draw is €50.00.
- There is a maximum number of lottery tickets available of 15,000
- Once purchased, the lottery ticket is non-refundable except in circumstances where the lottery is cancelled by the Club.
- Each lottery ticket purchaser will qualify for entry into any Additional Draws if and when announced by the Club.
7. CONDUCT OF THE DRAW
- The deadline to purchase a ticket for the Draw is 4th March 2023, (the ‘Closing Date’)
- The Draw will be held on the 4th of March 2023 (the “Draw Date’) in [a venue to be announced in Tipperary] (the “Draw Location”).
- The Club reserves the right to alter or change the Draw Date and/or the Draw Location for any reason whatsoever and will notify the lottery ticket purchaser of any alternative Draw Date and/or Draw Location as soon as practicable via the Club website and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries or payments not received by the Club for whatever reason
- The Club will appoint an independent observer who will oversee the conduct of the Draw.
- The Club, its trustees, executive committee, committee members and agents shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its/their control or for any loss whatsoever suffered by a lottery ticket purchaser participating in the Draw.
- The winner of any prizes in the Draw (the ‘prize-winners’) will be notified by email or letter within 7 days of the Draw Date.
- To claim their prize, the prize-winners must contact the Club by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by post to the Club’s address above and/or in-person at the Club’s location at Drombane, Thurles, Co. Tipperary. The first prize winner must also confirm the first prize option they would like to receive, Tractor or Cash.
- The prize-winners may be subject to verification by the Club and its agents. This process may take up to 14 days to complete once the prize-winners have claimed their prize.
- If the first prize-winner claims the Tractor as their prize, the delivery of the Tractor to the prize-winner may take a further 30 days to complete. Once the Tractor is provided to the prize-winner, the Club shall have no further liability whatsoever to the prize winner.
- If a prize-winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 14 days of the notification of same, the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the prize-winner and select a replacement prize-winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The prizes are not transferable.
- In the event that the Tractor is won by an overseas winner, shipping and any local regulatory requirements will be the overseas winner’s responsibility
- The winner of the Tractor shall be responsible for the costs involved in registration, insurance, and taxation of the vehicle
- The Club shall not in any circumstances be liable for any loss suffered due to any issues that may arise in respect of the Tractor.
- The Club’s decision in respect of the prize-winners and all or any other matters concerned with the Draw is final.
- The Club reserves the right at all times to amend the terms and conditions of purchase herein and in purchasing a lottery ticket each lottery ticket purchaser consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments.
- The Club further reserves the right to cancel the Draw for any reason whatsoever.
- The cancellation or any amendment to the Draw or these terms and conditions of purchase will be notified to the lottery ticket purchaser as soon as practicable by publishing a notice in this regard on the Club website and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
10. DATA PROTECTION
For the purposes of data protection legislation:
- The Club will retain and use the lottery ticket purchaser’s personal data for the duration of the Draw and a reasonable period thereafter.
- On purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket purchaser agrees to their details being used solely in connection with the Draw. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a third party without the ticket purchaser’s consent.
- The prize-winners hereby agree and consent to the use of their personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the Draw.
- The first prize winner of the Tractor agrees and consents to their personal data being released to relevant third parties to enable provision of the Tractor to them
These terms and conditions are governed by Irish law.
By purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket purchaser is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions of purchase.